Buildings and contents insurance is placed under the bracket of home insurance. It is a combined insurance that will cover or replace any damage, including loss, that might occur to the house or its contents. It is essential for all mortgaged houses and the majority of other homeowners who do not have a mortgage will also have this type of insurance. It is possible to get the two insurances separately although you will find that most providers offer them as a combined cover.


Some mortgage suppliers make buildings insurance compulsory when you take out a mortgage with them, in order to cover their loan. This insurance is highly recommended to protect you against unforeseen circumstances. Virtually every home in the country has this type of insurance and it could end up proving to be very costly if it is not in place.